In my last blog I focused on the fundamentals of time management. Many of you commented that you are still working on implementing your New Year’s resolutions. Below I would like to share with you some strategies for making things happen! Try a few out and let me know how it goes.
- Determine your best time of day to plan
- Write your plan in command form (Go, Do, Call)
- Write one item per line
- Prioritize your goals and activities
o Schedule appointments, phone calls, planning time
o Define the Must Do’s/Should Do’s
o Keep an ongoing To Do List
- Resolve each “planned” item at the end of each day
- Review your goals daily or weekly. Adjust activities to achieve the goals.
- Update your plan
Time Management is not a Time Management Issue; it is a Goals Clarification Issue!